Swiss Print recognizes its’ corporate responsibility to improving the social, economic and environmental performance of our operations.
Our goal is to consistently optimize our business practices and run our production in the most efficient way possible, using environmentally friendly methods and systems.
In an effort to reduce our environmental impact, we have integrated the following into our operations.
1. We print on FSC paper that originate from well-managed forests.
2. We moved to Waterless Printing in 2007, which eliminates the inconsistencies and environmental concerns that are normally associated with chemistry-based imaging and alcohol-based dampening systems.
3. Our Recycling program includes collection of all paper waste by Paper Fibres. They pick up our bins and then recycle material according to sustainable environment policies. Through their recovery program, discarded materials are collected and processed for use in new products.
4. Our CTP SYSTEM is a one-step plate process that produces less waste and is chemical free.
5. We use Vegetable oil based inks that emit low levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
6. We do not use IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol).
7. As part of the LiveGreen initiative promoted by the City of Toronto, we are registered with their ChemTrac program, that allows us to participate in the Pollution Prevention program, enabling our company to establish processes and practices that avoid and/or minimize the creation of pollutants and wastes.
8. In 2010, we upgraded all our lights throughout the plant and front office to a more energy efficient program as offered by Hydro and participated in a government sponsored program.
At Swiss Print we fully understand our serious obligation to conduct business in a manner that minimizes all issues of negative impact. We will perform all operational activities to minimize such issues in a manner that balances with cost effectiveness and consideration of the views of all our business partners.